Leasing is permitted here at Daniel's Landing. Leases must be a minimum of one (1) year and the owner must provide the following information to the HOA.
New Tenant Requirements
No Move-In will be permitted until the following requirements are met:
- Copy of Signed Lease
- Copy of Addendum signed by both the Owner AND Tenant Addendum - click here
- Copy of Criminal Background Check provided by Owner
- Persons will current security clearance – Military, Federal or State – may provide this document instead of the background check.
- $175 Tenant Impact Fee will be billed to Owners’ account and payment will need to be made payable to Daniel’s Landing HOA. The HOA will not accept payment (cash, check or money order) FROM THE TENANT for the Tenant Impact Fee. (Please make sure your rental agent is aware that we do not take funds from the tenant).
Daniel’s Landing HOA requires that each owner who intends to lease his/her property to provide the items listed above (each time a new lease is signed these MUST be provided). It is the responsibility of the Owner to provide the listed information, regardless of who manages the property. The Owner will be held responsible for obtaining the information and providing it to the Association. The failure to provide the information is considered a violation and will follow the violation fine structure noted in the Daniels Landing HOA Rules and Regulations.
Upon renewal of any lease; copies of the renewal documents ARE REQUIRED to be submitted to the office so that the HOA records are kept up to date, at all times.
Once the items above have been provided, the new tenant will need to come to the HOA office, located within the clubhouse to obtain a Welcome Packet. The Welcome packet will include a few forms that will need to be completed, if applicable.
- Vehicle Registration form (decal will be issued, one per vehicle)
- Bicycle Registration (tags will be issued to put on each bike)
- Pet Registration form
- Access key FOB for the pool and fitness center (if requested by owner) Owner/Leasing Agent usually will provide to the tenant.
Please Note: Failure to provide the above items can result in fines being levied.
Printable copy of this information - CLICK HERE
Excerpt of the Rules and Regulations regarding Leasing
All rentals must be for an initial term of not less than one (1) year. If any owner is found to lease their unit for any time frame less than one year there will be an IMMEDIATE $500 fine assessed to their account. No lease of a Unit shall be executed without the Owner first performing a background check on the prospective tenant(s). Persons with current security clearance – Military, Federal or State – may provide this instead of the background check. Prospective tenant(s) that have been convicted of a felony are not permitted to lease a Unit in Daniel’s Landing. The background check should include criminal records and confirmation that the potential renter is not on the sex offender registry.
In addition, all leases must comply with Article 15 of the Master Deed. Within seven (7) days after executing a lease agreement for the lease of a Unit, the Owner shall provide the Association with a copy of the lease and a copy of the background check results. The owner will also provide payment of a Tenant Impact Fee to the Owners Association for every new tenant that moves into the community. The fee is determined by the Board of Directors and may change. The name of all tenant(s) occupying the Unit shall be provided. The Owner must make available to the tenant(s) copies of the Master Deed, By-Laws, Rules and Regulations, and ARB Standards. Failure to comply with the above tenant requirements will constitute a violation and will follow the penalty and fine schedule herewithin.